FLASH: Postal voting applications open for GE14

The Election Commission has just announced that applications for postal voting in GE14 for Malaysians living overseas are now open.

Conditions:

1. You must be registered as an ordinary voter.

2. You have been in Malaysia or returned to Malaysia for not less than 30 days during the five years before the dissolution of Parliament.

3. You must be living overseas (excluding southern Thailand (Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, Songkhla and Satun), Singapore, Brunei and Kalimantan province, Indonesia.)

To register, you must download Form 1B and return it before midnight on the day Parliament is dissolved.

The EC has also announced that postal votes will now be sent out and returned by post instead of via Malaysian consulates overseas as was the case for GE13.

MyOverseasVote is now seeking assurances from the EC that will be enough time between nomination day and polling day for postal votes to be sent out and returned under this new procedure.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to FLASH: Postal voting applications open for GE14

1. LIM says:

Thanks for the information and update, appreciate that. Should I submit my application again even I have registered myself as a postal voter during GE13?

2. Fiona says:

Thanks for the update. Just to clarify, should Form 1b be returned directly to SPR and can it be done so via the email in the form? Unless I’m missing it, instructions on the form are not clear.

3. Tan says:

Hi good day. Can i register online to be an ordinary voter? If yes, can you share the link pls. Thanks.

4. Hua says:

I’m registered as an absentee voter when I was studying in USA. now I’m studying in the UK, am I eligible for postal voting?

5. Choo says:

Hi there,

I’m a student in UK atm. But I haven’t registered as an absentee voter. Can I just fill in that form and register?

6. QW N says:

Hi, what happens when I eventually return to Malaysia. Do I need to de-register myself as a postal voter? If yes, what would the process be?

Thanks for the great work you’ve done!

7. Peggi Tee says:

Hey there,

I have registered to vote and exercised my rights during GE13. I’ve since left Malaysia and am unsure when is GE14 and do I register as absentee vote? Last I enquired at the embassy, they were not sure.

8. Question: I registered for absentee/postal vote last year (2017) via Malaysian Embassy in the UK, rather than this year. I checked my status on SPR website and it seems that it won’t tell u if you are a postal voter. May I know how I could know if I am postal voter or not? Actually I don’t mind flying back to vote.

9. Chee Wei LEE says:

I have registered to vote and exercised my rights during GE13 back in Malaysia. I’ve since left Malaysia. I download the form and complete it today and been told that overseas postal vote is closed. please advise is this right?

10. SH Lye says:

I filled out the form for a postal vote and received a response saying that the SPR will process it. That was around April 7, and I have not received anything since. Should I keep on waiting or call them?